LY0NS JR. SR. HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1962
“I was truly blessed and privileged to play amongst a group of very talented athletes and coached by terrific people. From 6th grade on we didn’t ever approach a game thinking whether or not we’d win. It was always a matter of “by how much of a margin.” What made it more rewarding was competing at Double AA level. If you look up Wayne-Finger Lakes Champions during our junior and senior years ie., ’60-’61 and ’61-’62, I’m almost certain one will find either outright or shared championships for Lyons in football, basketball and baseball. Though we didn’t win any championship in our sophomore year, a message was sent to powerhouse football teams such as Mynderse Academy, Clyde, Waterloo, Geneva, DeSales, and Penn Yan to be prepared for what was about to come from the Lyons Lions.”
Dave’s high school accomplishments:
- All Conference offensive & defensive end (football) ’61 & ’62.
- All Conference guard (basketball) ’60-’61 & ’61-‘62
- All Conference 1st baseman (baseball) ’62.
Dave’s college accomplishments at the University of Buffalo
- B.S. Business Administration, A.A.S University of Buffalo (1966)
- Basketball – 1 year on Freshman Team and 2 years on varsity team
- U.S. Navy Supply Corps Football Championship 1968 (Quarterback)
- Served as Supply Officer for 3 years aboard USS JOHN KING (DDG-3)Family: Married 38 yrs. to wife JoAnn and proud father of two boys, Anthony and Christopher.
Work: Internal Auditor (NYC), Contract Administrator (Europe), Retail Operations Manager
(Japan), & Real Estate (U.S. & Japan).
- Captained the Yokohama Athletic Club Golf Section for approximately 12 years and won numerous team tournaments throughout the Kanto Plain (Tokyo).
“All-Conference” was memorable as there were many outstanding athletes in the Wayne-Finger Lakes’ League. When you’re supported by such talented teammates, making All-Conference is considerably easier.
After release from active duty, I played on many basketball and baseball teams in Italy and Japan, many of which involved either active duty service personnel or ex-collegiate members of the International Community. They were very, very capable & competitive opponents.”