Information for New Students Entering Our District
Health and Physical Requirements for School Admission
Thank you in your cooperation in meeting our entrance requirements. Our students benefit when we work together to promote the health and achievement of all our students.
Please contact your child's School Nurse if you have any questions.
Requirements for School Admission:
- A Birth Certificate or other proof of age is required to be eligible for admission to school.
- A Certificate of Immunization is required for entrance to school from a physician, clinic, previous school or NYS Dept of Health certificate that has the dates your child received or is in the process of completing the immunization series. Please click on the link below to check the NYS Immunization requirements for school entrance and attendance.
In the case that a child may be exempt from the immunization requirements, the parent or guardian must supply to the Health Office:
- A physician's certificate stating the specific immunization that it would be detrimental to the child's health.
- A written or signed statement from the parent/guardian of the child due to genuine religious beliefs that prohibits the immunization of their child.
- Administrative approval
- A Health Certificate (Physical Examination) is required for all new students and for students entering grades PK, K, 2, 4, 7, and 10. We encourage you to see your child's health care provider as they know your child best. Please use the link below to print and bring a copy of the Health Certificate/Appraisal form to your provider and return completed form to your child's Health Office.
Mrs. Ashley Molisani, R.N.Lyons Elementary School946-2200 ext 3504Mrs. Harper, R.N.Lyons Middle/High School946-2200 ext 2504
- A Dental Certificate is now requested for all new students and for students entering grades PK, K 2, 4, 7, 10. Please use the link below to print a copy of the Dental Certificate to bring to your child's dentist. When completed please return to your child's Health Office.