Health/Physical Requirements for School Entrance
A birth certificate or other proof of age is required to be eligible for school admission.
A certificate of immunization is required upon entrance to school from a physician, clinic, or school setting with date or dates that the child has received or is in the process of receiving:
1. 3 doses of diphtheria toxoid
2. 3 doses of polio vaccine
3. 2 doses of live measles vaccine administered after the age of 12 months or certification that the child has had the disease.
4. 1 dose of live mumps vaccine administered after the age of 12 months or certification that the child has had the disease.
5. 1 dose of live rubella vaccine administered after the age of 12 months or serology evidence of immunity
6. 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
7. 1 dose of varicella vaccine for grades prek-5, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Grades 6,7 and 8 require 2 doses (chicken pox)
8. 1 dose of Meningococcal by grade 7, students in grade 12 require 2 doses unless 1st dose was received at 16 years of age or older.
A child may be exempt from the immunization requirements only with:
1. A physician’s certificate stating the immunization would be detrimental to the child’s health
2. A written and signed statement from the parent, parents or guardian of such child, stating that the parent, parents or guardian objects to their child’s immunization due to sincere and genuine religious beliefs which prohibits the immunization of their child in which case the principal or person in charge may require supporting documents.
Recent change in immunization requirements:
Students who are entering 6th grade or a comparable age-level special education program and who are 11 years of age or older must receive an immunization containing tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap).
A physical examination is required within 30 days of school entrance and upon entry into Pre K, K, 2nd, 4th, 7th and 10thgrades. A physical is acceptable if administered not more than 12 months prior to the commencement of school in which the physical examination is required.