Transitioning to Virtual Instruction
This morning, the District was informed that a faculty member from our Middle/High School has tested positive for COVID-19. The District is working with the Wayne County Department of Health to ensure we take all steps necessary to support our school community.
As this is a matter of confidentiality and privacy, we are unable to share specifics regarding this matter. However, I want to assure you that we will continue to be proactive and follow the guidance provided by the Department of Health.
At the direction of the Wayne County Department of Health, and out of an abundance of caution, the District will transition to virtual instruction for all learners beginning on Monday, September 28th with the expectation of reopening the buildings for in-person learning on Tuesday, October 13th.
Important information you need to be aware of:
- Elementary Parents can pick up their child’s Chromebook tomorrow, Sunday September 27th from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Elementary School.
- Meal delivery for all students will start on Monday, September 28th. All meals will be delivered to your home address. To ensure freshness you may want to put out a cooler for the meal delivery.
- BOCES students will not attend in person and are required to email their BOCES instructors for their virtual link.
- The following email addresses are monitored regularly to continue to provide support to students and families:
- For meal delivery: email@example.com
- For technology questions and support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general support: email@example.com
- Specific instructional information will be posted on the school’s website on Sunday.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your building principal.
The Wayne County Department of Health advises all students, staff and faculty to monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and to call their regular health care provider if they develop symptoms.
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 can range from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms usually appear within 2-14 days from the last day of exposure. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact your medical provider or the Wayne County Department of Health. For a complete list of signs and symptoms visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/COVID19-symptoms.pdf
The Wayne County Department of Health encourages everyone to continue to practice good hand hygiene, wear face coverings when in public, maintain 6 ft. of social distance and avoid large gatherings to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As our students participate in virtual learning, we ask our school community to continue to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by wearing a mask, washing hands, practicing social distancing, and avoiding any large gatherings.
I want to assure you that the District and Wayne County Department of Health are taking every necessary precaution to ensure the safety of our school community. We will continue to provide relevant updates.
We recognize this is an inconvenience to many of our families, but our primary concern is the health and wellness of all students and staff - and we thank you for your understanding and cooperation. This information will be available on the District website (www.lyonscsd.org) for reference.