District Update - September 29, 2020
Dear Lyons Community -
As we are on day two of our transition to virtual learning, I wanted to reach out to all our families and sincerely thank you for your patience and flexibility. I know this transition created obstacles for families, and I thank you for being understanding as we all work together to ensure our community's safety.
As of today, September 29, 2020, I have the following information to share:
- This morning, the district was made aware of an additional staff member who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Under the direction of the Health Department, tomorrow, all instructional staff will begin working remotely.
- It is anticipated that the District will continue to follow the virtual learning model until October 30, 2020.
- Essential employees, as directed by their supervisor, will continue to report to their on-site work locations, to support the functions of the District.
- At this time, all Lyons staff members have been directed by the Department of Health to quarantine, as a mitigation effort and to prevent the potential community spread of the virus.
- As an additional mitigation effort, the Health Department is also requiring a COVID test for all staff members. The Health Department will be providing additional details and will communicate that information directly.
We are also asking our school community to continue to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by wearing a mask, washing hands, practicing social distancing, and avoiding any large gatherings.
I want to assure you that the District and Wayne County Department of Health are taking every necessary precaution to ensure the safety of our school community. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and communicate all relevant updates.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact your medical provider or the Wayne County Department of Health.